Specific marketing activities to sell your home begin the moment you sign the Listing Agreement. From installing the “For Sale” sign to Internet marketing, I am constantly working to sell your home. My proven marketing plan is designed to expose your home to as many potential purchasers as possible - making them aware of the key selling features and benefits of YOUR home.
In order to receive top dollar, you need top exposure. My proven marketing plan provides you with that top exposure. This includes:
• An invaluable “Seller’s Guide” to give you and your home a distinct advantage
• Listing your home on the Multiple Listing Service
• Internet exposure across the Web
• E-cards and flyers to potential purchasers
• Installation of a “For Sale” sign (if you desire)
• A custom property profile flyer
• Installation of a lock box (if you desire)
• Brokers Opens other agents who work this area can stop by and preview your home
• National relocation exposure
• Office Tours - agents from my office stop by to preview your home
• “Just Listed” cards sent to neighbors and prospective purchasers
• Public Open House events exposing your home to potential buyers
• Telemarketing to neighbors and potential prospects
• Written status reports-weekly
• Verbal feedback provided from showings
• Print advertising
I am excited about the prospect of working for you!
Pricing Your Property
Determining price is one of the most critical steps in preparing your home for sale. A well priced home often sells quickly once it is put on the market.
When your home is priced right from the outset, you maximize your opportunity of reaching the most qualified buyers and obtaining top dollar.
• Pricing your home correctly:
• Can save you thousands of dollars on your family’s largest investment
• Reduces risk because overpriced homes may eliminate some buyers if it is out of their price range
• Ensures that other agents will show the home
• Is good when it comes time to appraise. Your home must appraise at the selling price for the buyer to get financing When I see your home and prepare a more complete and thorough market evaluation, I will use my knowledge of recent home sales and your neighborhood to help you price your home correctly.
Tips For Preparing Your Home For Sale
• Tidy up the grounds, porches and garage. Keep the lawn trimmed and edged. Make sure that your yard is clean. First impressions count!
• Your front door adds to that first impression - be sure it is scrubbed or repainted if necessary.
• Wash windows and clean/dust window coverings.
• If any decorating or painting is needed (especially in the kitchen), do it now! Twenty dollars worth of paint will make a much larger difference in the sales price.
• Bathrooms help sell homes. Make this room sparkle.
• Illumination is like a welcome sign. Replace bulbs and turn on the lights.
• Wash dishes, make beds, put away clothes and straighten up.
• Keep pets out of the way during showings many people are allergic.
• Leave the showing to the salesperson. The salesperson knows the buyer’s requirements and can best emphasize the features of your home. If possible, leave the house during a showing.
• Don’t discuss anything about the sale with a potential customer. Let your agent discuss price, terms, possession and other items concerning the sale. Your agent is qualified to bring negotiations to a favorable conclusion.
• Never apologize for appearance, it either distracts or accentuates the problem.
• Pack away valuables, store extra furniture, knick-knacks, guns and medicines.
Look at your home objectively. Pretend you are seeing it for the first time, through a buyer’s eyes. Call or email me for recommendations on how to stage the property for presentation to prospective buyers. That is part of my expertise. I will be happy to walk through your home with you and help you “set the stage.”
Remember, my goal is to help you sell your home for the most amount of money, in the shortest period of time, with the least amount of inconvenience to you.
We only have one chance to make that good first impression!